A creative writing workshop for people who write poetry (or are beginning to). We’ll be exploring
- the relationship between poetry and music
- poetry inspired by music and music inspired by poetry.
- the music of language and of the natural world in summer.
- whether or not song lyrics are poetry
- £10 – please book in advance by email and pay on the day.
If you wish, bring a poem or lyric you like, and/or one you have written.
Book now by email (booking closes at midnight on Friday 1st July) and pay in cash on arrival (or by bank transfer in advance).
Chris Fewings‘ poetry writing workshops have been running on the first Saturday of the month since October 2015. The next one is from 2-4.30pm on 2nd July 2016 at Birmingham Buddhist Centre, Park Road, Moseley, Birmingham B13 8AB. Far from telling you how to write, these sessions encourage you to look at poetry in a fresh way and try new strategies in your own poems, whether you have been writing for years or have just begun. The atmosphere is relaxed and supportive.
We meet (5-10 adults) in a pleasant wheelchair-accessible room in the Buddhist Centre which opens onto a garden. (This is not a Buddhist event.) The following workshop will be on Saturday 6th August (theme: Extinction).