- Both old hands and people who’ve recently started writing poetry have benefited from these sessions
- Led by experienced facilitator and poet Chris Fewings
- Saturday afternoons – dates below. Please book in advance.
- We meet in a pleasant room in Moseley overlooking a garden.
About the sessions
Getting inside poetry: In each session we take time to enjoy poems by well-known poets and see what we can learn from them – we aim to get inside the poems, not to tear them apart!
Let the poem write itself: Short writing activities allow you to experiment with words.
Chiselling and polishing: We spend some time on techniques to get a draft poem into its final shape.
Each session has a theme, which you can interpret however you like! We also focus on a particular aspect of poetry each time. Saturdays at 2pm (finish at 4.30).
- 7th October: Family and clan
A poem’s voices.
- 4th November: ‘Bare blackened branches claw the sky’
Long looping lines.
- 2nd December: Moon and fire
£10 per session IF you book in advance – see below. Please book in advance by email and pay by cash on the day, bank transfer, debit card or Paypal.
The price of each session is £10 before the deadline and £12 after the deadline. The price includes a non-returnable £5 deposit.
For October: The evening before
For November: Thu 26 October (evening)
For December: Thu 23 November (evening)
Please use the booking form below, or contact Chris with any general inquiries.